HOME KRUPANJ THROUGH CENTURIES SECRET BEAUTY CULTURAL HERITAGE RELIGIOUS TOURISM
CULTURAL HERITAGE
Old pharmacy (“villa of Pero Despić“ built in 1914)

In Krupanj – an object under state protection

The building is opposite the church of St Ascension off Our Lord. The pharmacy has small dimensions, a wider first ground with a small porch and a narrow floor. It was built in “German” style (a combination of brick and wooden beams). It looks intimate and warm and gives certain patina to this space.

The building was being built from 1899 until 1900 as a villa of Aco and Pero Despić from Wienna, renters of krupanjski mines. This building is the only one that was not damaged during burning of Krupanj on 21 October 1941. The building was ownership of an Austrian Franz Ziegler.

On finishing the Second World War, the building changed its function, it was a pharmacy, library and in the end it stayed residential object.